Friday, July 9, 2010

Vacation, Day Six: New York City

By the time day 6 of vacation rolled around, I was exhausted. It was still pretty hot outside, and with all my friends working, I decided to go to the MoMA. Here are a few pieces I saw:

Interior with a Violin Case
Henri Matisse
The Kitchen
Pablo Picasso
Wasp and Pear
Gerald Murphy

Christina's World
Andrew Wyeth

Stenographic Figure
Jackson Pollock

Chief
Franz Kline

Gaea
Lee Krasner

Map
Jasper Johns
Gold Marilyn Monroe
Andy Warhol
Campbell's Soup Cans
Andy Warhol
There was a special exhibit by Bruce Nauman, a sound sculpture of voices saying the days of the week in different order. It was an interesting concept and I enjoyed its simplicity.

After the MoMA, I went to visit with a couple good friends, enjoyed the big city lights and picked up bagels to bring home.

No comments: