Monday, June 25, 2012

Resolutions & a summer goal

It's almost July. You know what's on my mind? New Year's Resolutions. Yep. You read that right. But who thinks about resolutions in June? Me. I want to make sure that those goals I set back when the year was new and promising are still going strong. I absolutely love new, fresh starts. Even Sunday (sometimes Monday) mornings are exciting because it's a brand new week.

Aside from the yearly "I want to work out more & eat healthier" goal, which was probably on everyone's list, including mine, I actually only set one goal I really wanted to accomplish this year:

Try a new restaurant in Charlotte each month.

Here's where we've been:

January: BT's Burger Joint 
February: Dish, Toast of Dilworth
March: Poppy's Bagels, Musashi Japanese Restaurant
April: Sir Edmond Halley's
May: Al's Pizza, The Lodge
June: Meskeren (Ethiopian food), Good Food on Montford


I have also set a summer goal which is to only make fruit desserts* and started the summer with one bag of sugar that has to last me til the end of August. 

My favorite dessert so far has been this fruit pizza I made for Michelle & the girls when we went to meet Reagan for the first time! I've also enjoyed making this and this... although don't forget to peel the pears!

Here's to summer fruit, and good eats in the Queen City!



*Exception: Andrew's 30th birthday extravaganza.

No comments: