Monday, November 26, 2012

It's ok.

I'm taking one day at a time. That's what happens when you're in the valley. I'm currently at a coffee shop which is becoming my home away from... 

We're still waiting to hear about Rozzie. It's a 50/50 chance. It was actually called off last week and now it's back on again {drama!!}. A LOT has to happen tomorrow for us to potentially close on Thurs/Fri. Either way, we're giddy just thinking we will finally KNOW one way or another by the end of the week. It makes me feel for those who are truly homeless. 

One of the hardest things about not having a place to call home is that I can't decorate. My heart hurts a little when I see others bringing in their Christmas trees or baking delicious things in their kitchen. We've joked that we could always put up a Christmas wreath on our storage unit. That's all we've got. I've really been fighting to be thankful for what God has provided for today. My mind easily slips into thoughts of wanting a home, wanting to be out of this hard place, wanting to cook a meal for goodness sake. But I don't want to miss what the Lord has given us ... providing through friend's hospitality, their hugs, and prayers for us. I also don't want to miss this sweet time of the Christmas season. While I might not have the things of Christmas, I can still prepare my heart and this song has been on repeat this afternoon.

Blessings from this past weekend:

1. Ginna pointing to her head saying, "Top of mind." Which means... I'm thinking about you because I know you're always thinking about what's going on...
2. Lucy reminding me that we still have a week til December. So it's ok that I'm not decorating.
3. My parents who let us live with them for 5 days, fed us, and let me cry on their shoulder.
4. Allison giving me a card that says, "It's ok." She wrote that while everything is going to be ok, it's also ok right now

I've been clinging to this verse and even read it to my little chickadees this morning:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding. 

and he will make straight your paths -Proverbs 3:5-6




No comments: