Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Years Resolutions: 2012

Yes, you read that right. It's in my personality that if I tell you one of my goals, most likely it won't happen. I hate the pressure. Maybe I'm the only one? I'd much rather make a goal, maybe tell one or two people, and then once it's accomplished, tell everyone! 

Andrew, on the other hand, he is the most disciplined person I know. Anything he sets out to do, it happens. He works out every day, he is the healthiest eater I know, and is just... awesome.

I'm more of the free spirit. So, onto the goals I/we accomplished in 2012:

1. Find a prayer triad
I found a prayer duo and Kristen and I are looking for a third. It's been wonderful to meet about once a month for accountability, share life's joys and struggles, and to pray for one another.


2. Visit one new restaurant in Charlotte each month
January: BT's Burger Joint 
February: Dish, Toast of Dilworth
March: Poppy's Bagels, Musashi Japanese Restaurant
April: Sir Edmond Halley's
May: Al's Pizza, The Lodge
June: Meskeren (Ethiopian food), Good Food on Montford
July: Kennedy's Bar & Grill, Sultan Kabob House
August: VGBG, Leroy Fox
September: Cluck 'n Cup
October: Maverick's Tacos
November: (aka the month of eating out as we were homeless) Dilworth Neighborhood Grille, The Diamond, Stamey's Barbeque in Greensboro (Andrew with the guys)
December: Eddie's Place, Pinky's Westside Grill, Soul Gastrolounge (Carrie with the girls)


2. Visit Japan


3. Visit NYC.





4. Have people over for dinner

That definitely happened. This was one of the saddest things to say goodbye to when leaving our apartment: the teeny, tiny dining room. We had lots of laughs at that table with lots of good friends.

Then there were a couple goals we set but didn't happen like:

5. Max-out IRAs.
6. Run a 10k. {However, I signed up for a half-marathon in December that will take place March 9th, so does that count?}

I'd say, overall, 2012 was a hard year for us with the apartment flood/fire, lost luggage in Japan, and the roller coaster with Rozzie. But it's been really good, too. I love my job as a preschool teacher, we're homeowners now {oh the absolute joy it was to be handed those keys!!}, and celebrating one year of marriage... to name a few. The Lord has been so, so good to us! We're hoping to send out a "we've moved/Merry belated Christmas/Happy New Year" card soon. :)

Here's to 2013!

No comments: