Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Run, Ginna, Run!


This past weekend my sister Ginna was in her first half marathon. Both of my younger sisters are setting the bar pretty high. We already know that Lucy is the triathalon/biking/racing/get up at 4:30am to workout champ of life. I feel like a lazy bum most of the time (even though I enjoy casually running) but love that their passions include running crazy long distances.


The sweetest thing is that Jeffiepooh talked to my parents, who had been planning to visit Gin for the race, and asked if he could come along to surprise her. I called Jeff on Friday when they were in the car to see how it was going. While Jeff feels like part of the family now, spending 6 hours in the car is a long time with your girlfriend's parents... especially when my Dad can say yaspy things. :)

I talked with Gin yesterday and she was definitely surprised and she finished the 13 miles in style. Good job, Ginna! I'm so proud of you!

2 comments:

Tails from the City said...

Ginna, this is amazing!

Question to Carrie: What does "yaspy" things mean?

ginna said...

Aww thanks for the sweet shoutout! You're such a good older sister/cheerleader. :)