Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Update

Our weekend started out a little early on Thursday when we had my old roomie MK and her boyfriend (!), and our friend Kurt over for dinner. Michelle also joined us because she was flying out of Charlotte the next morning and I have to say, we had a blast! Oh it was so fun and Mich & MK had me cracking up!
The next day I met Lizziepie at the Clt airport and greeted her with Chick-Fil-A! I feel lucky enough to have gotten to see her on her way home from 2.5 years in Romania! Ooh, so wonderful to catch up!
That night Andrew surprised me with a date night (I made him knock on the door to pick me up) and he surprised me with flowers, too. Aw.
We went to Vintner's Wine Market with a Living Social coupon... go coupons. Dinner was so delicious and it was a great way to start the weekend.
Oh and the next day he also surprised me by having bought seasons 1-8 of FRIENDS on EBay. I had to go around the house to find them all. Wahoo!
Saturday night my sister-in-law and her three kiddos came to stay with us. We had tacos and then I needed lots of help making chocolate chip cookies so Adia & Jacques helped me. :)
Souley was content just giving Uncle Andrew high fives.
So cute!
Yesterday we went to see my parents to return their truck which we borrowed to get a double bed for the guest room (come stay with us!) and a hutch we bought in Charlotte. It was a leisurely afternoon watching the Women's World Cup and looking for snakes in the yard as we took this picture with our wedding sunflowers. Yeah my mom killed a snake on Friday. She's amazing. And so brave. {I am not brave.}
Eeek!!! Petals (or as I say, Petolshshshsh!!). So cute and so sweet and so lovey!!

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

We loved having you guys, promise no more stew!