Monday, March 26, 2012

Life lately

We had a really good weekend. It's the first time in a while that we've been in Charlotte for the whole weekend. We had our friends, the Macks, over on Friday night. As of 4:30pm I had no idea what to make for dinner. I finally decided that it would be good to have options. I made up a recipe for a yummy broccoli cheddar soup, there was a platter with fixings for paninis, and stuff for a salad. So take your pick: soup, panini, or salad. Or all three! For dessert I pulled out ALL of the leftover Valentine's candy we have in our freezer (from my kids at school.) We sat around eating Pixy Stix. Good times.

Then on Saturday morning we had our neighbors over for brunch. Waffles and fruit. Doesn't sound hard, right? Yes, well, they're our friends who happen to be the head chef at local restaurant, and it's them I was making the meal for back in January when I blew up and flooded half of our apartment. Saturday morning I had just started on the waffles when we blew a fuse. We had the microwave running, coffee brewing, and the waffle maker running. The SAME feeling came over me. Power is out in the kitchen and I am freaking out. (This has never happened, and I swear to Andrew that we're never having them over again because strange things happen when we do.) I tend to be dramatic in times like these. Luckily I'm married to a calm and collected person who turned on the power again and I resumed normal activity. It made for a good story when they came over. :)

I've had a really hard time thinking about my sweet Gigi. I've never had to wait and watch someone die. It's pretty awful. My heart aches a lot just thinking of her. Last night when Andrew and I were praying for her, I prayed that the Lord would give her joy as she silently waits for heaven. My Uncle Hunter wrote in his blog recently, "what a hope that this is not all there is". If anything, these past few weeks have given me an incredible perspective on life. Can't wait to see her on Thursday.
P.S. Ginnawin and Jeff's anniversary is coming up soon!!!

No comments: