Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fre is going to college!

Tonight we celebrated as our little Fre's dream came true: she's going to college on Saturday! We all gave her many necessary gifts such as surge protectors, plastic cups and bowls (Al, where are ours from Eggers?) and a trashcan. We also prepared her for winter up North and got her snow & rain boots, a warm blanket and warm clothes.

It was such a wonderful evening. I've been volunteering at the children's hospital all week and came home emotionally drained. I enjoy volunteering, but it's really, really hard to see child after child with iv tube, not able to walk, etc. Tonight is just what I needed. How special it is to catch up with long time friends, like you Jane!... and people who have known you forever. It's just easy and comfortable- and that's how I like it.

Just a few of the people who love Fre! The rest were on the deck near the citronella candles to keep away from the skeeters.









Love this one: me w/ all the kids I grew up babysitting. Woah.












A silly picture because life is fun.









The family, minus Ginna :(, with our sweet Frebers.


No comments: