Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fight Like The Gladiator

Back in the spring, right before I went home to NC, I went to a Meat Sauce Monday (a monthly ritual dinner w friends). I had my dear friend Rob sit down and tell me all about his bout with cancer & chemo a couple years ago and how he fought it like a gladiator. He will never know how much this helped and encouraged me as I took his experience and advice home to help my mom fight her battle.

A week ago I found out that Rob's cancer is back and I was quite upset to hear the news. He's going to start chemo soon and will do the treatment in NYC. I'm so glad our group of friends will be there to rally around him, bake him cookies and pray with him. There's also another way to support Rob and that's to go to his sister's website and order one of these awesome shirts. I'll be cheering you on in NC, Rob!
New Year's 2008 in NYC. Neil, me, Alexandria & Rob

No comments: