Monday, January 17, 2011

Engaged: Me & Andrew!

Hooray! I'm getting married! We're getting married!

I can't sleep and can hardly contain my excitement! (And I might use a lot of exclamation marks in this post... beware!!)

If there was ever a picture to show for tonight, it would be this one:

Andrew all calm and collected and me bouncing off the walls and trying to call everyone. Time got away from us and I was afraid to call people late into the evening, so I'll make round 2 phone calls tomorrow.

But, seriously, what a day! What a past few months! Our first date was September 24th and we went to Festival in the Park and then got Yoforia and talked for hours. One thing I mentioned on our first date was how much I missed rooftop parties and rooftop views of NYC. On our second date, a week later, we went to a gallery crawl, then to a fun place for dinner, Starbucks on East to get a pumpkin spice latte, and then... he took me to the top of the Target parking deck for the rooftop view of Charlotte. How thoughtful! We had 3 more dates after that before making it "official". Those first few dates were key, though, as he put a lot of time into each one. It really is the little things that mean the most to me.

So tonight we went to Providence Cafe for the first time... it was sooo good. Al, you would love it! Then we went to the same Starbucks to get coffee and afterwards, we went to the top of his parking deck at work, a place we'd been to before in the daytime, and that's where he got down on one knee, with the beautiful skyline in the background, and asked me to marry him. Yay!!

The ring is beautiful. We actually went looking for rings a few weeks ago. The ring itself is a bit unconventional, but we're starting to realize that we both are unconventional about a lot of things. It's a simple, small band of diamonds. When I was browsing through rings on Tiffany's, I came across this one and among all of the other huge diamonds, I would just tear up every time I saw it. It's beautiful, simple, sparkly and I can't stop looking at it.

Maybe I'll post more tomorrow. Thanks for your love and support!

photos taken by MK, Caitlin and Al, respectively.

8 comments:

Allison Parker said...

I can't sleep either! I'm so excited for you guys!! Ahh! You're getting married!!!!!!

Erin said...

yay! crying!!! so happy for you!!!!

ginna said...

Yay!!! I also couldn't sleep! I am so so excited and just really wish we could be with you to celebrate!!! I cannot wait to see that sparkly finger in person! You're getting married!!

Tails from the City said...

I"m so sooooo happy and excited for you. I'll call again today to try and reach you. I can't wait to hear everything. Lots of love!!!

Suz said...

MY GOODNESS!! Way to make my MLK day. :) CONGRATULATIONS sweet Carrie! So happy for you.

Windot said...

Aw, congratulations! :) You look so happy!

Michelle Tompkins said...

Oh hooray hooray! I loved reading the proposal story. This is the BEST!

Anonymous said...

You're gonna love being married to an "Andrew"! ;)