Saturday, October 8, 2011

A 5:30am post

Well good morning!

It's 5:30something and of course I'm wide awake. Actually I've been awake for quite sometime now. My body is used to getting up at this hour during the week. Oh, and we've had the windows open a lot (with the screens in) but there was a cockroach in our apartment last night and I kinda freaked out. Andrew killed it but I didn't sleep well. Bleh. I hate those things.

We have wonderful news to share with you... Andrew's sister and brother-in-law, who already have three girls, are pregnant with a BOY!!! Wahoo! We found out this week and I can barely contain my excitement.

It was a really good week... I think I've got the hang of school now and I don't come home completely drained. It's my first time in a school setting and I've learned these two things:

- I hate loose teeth. I try not to actually look when a kid wants to show me their tooth hanging by a thread.
- Read to your kid and teach them about money and time before they start Kindergarten.


In other news, I had to go to the mall to get a shower gift for a friend when I passed by the Apple store. I thought it was sweet that there were flowers in remembrance for Steve Jobs.
Last night we had a date night at our favorite place, Providence Cafe. I ran into a teacher friend and I think that's when a city feels like a home... when you run into people you know.

Afterward we went to Starbucks to split a Pumpkin Spice Latte since we had had a big dinner. Then we drove around the city looking at the big city lights and singing Redeemer Presbyterian Church's doxology {which I love... words below}. So worshipful!
I told Andrew that we need to take more pictures because you're only newlyweds once and we'll want to remember this first year. This is what he posed for me. Goofball! :)
And now, I must go because not only do I get to hang out with some of my dearest, oldest friends/sisters, but ALL of my bridesmaids!! The Hamilton Lake girl reunion weekend is today! :)


All ye who are of tender heart,
Forgiving others take your part.
Sing his praises, Alleluia!
Ye who long pain and sorrow bear,
Praise God and on him cast your care!
O praise him! O praise him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Let all things their creator bless,
And worship him with humbleness!
O praise him, Alleluia!
Praise, praise the Father, praise the Son,
And praise the Spirit, Three in One,
O praise him! O praise him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

No comments: