Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Life is good

My family is on their way up to NYC right now! Oh sweet.

What fun it is to have guests. To clean, bake, make sure everyone has clean sheets and a mint on their pillow (nah, jk on the mints... I actually put lavender on their pillow. Gotcha again). But I do love having people over!

So, I just made these homemade Cinnamon Rolls. Oh snap. They're amazing. Actually, I rolled and sliced and left the unbaked rolls in two dishes in the fridge, which I will bake in the morning. But the reject ends of the rolls, I baked up tonight and they're oh so good even w/o icing (I'll make that in the morning, too). You should try it. I will not lie, it's a ridiculously tedious process that requires much patience, 6 cups of flour (6!) and time alone in the kitchen. But if you're looking for a baking project, here it is:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Ever-Cinnamon-Buns/Detail.aspx

I have to work tomorrow, which is cool. My family is going to get more of the touristy things out of the way while I toil away working for the man (but do not get me wrong, I love my job and am so thankful for it). Tomorrow night we might go see the Macy's floats before they make their debut down Broadway on Tgiving.

I just can't wait to spend time with my wonderful family!

Life is good.

No comments: