Friday, June 12, 2009

JKP8 & Blogs

I wasn't planning on blogging about this, but I would just like to say a few things in response to the whole Jon & Kate hype and a current blog I follow on my sidebar that's dealing w/ an upsetting issue. Yes, I used to watch JKP8 but refuse to watch now because I feel they are taking it too far w/ this new season. Um, it looks like your family is falling apart. Or at least that's what every US Weekly & People seem to think. Please stop, resume your normal life & work on it. There's a whole new group of viewers and they're just tuned in to see something big happen. Drama. They want drama; I do not and I bet your kids don't either.

Also, I follow a couple blogs that are very popular within the Christian blogging community. I have been so touched by their stories and really feel like I know these women and their family. But that's what's a little scary, I think: I "know" them but they don't know me or their other readers at all. Where do you draw the line between telling your story but maintaining your family's privacy?

I am not married. I do not have kids. Sure, I understand that most of these tv shows are helping pay the way for these families that might not have had the financial opportunity otherwise. But I can safely say that when it comes to my kids, they won't be televised or have their pictures on blogs that get a million hits. I'm not saying it's wrong to do these things, but I think it's important to keep your family's story, info & pics in safe hands.

And for this blog, I've opted to keep it open because it's just me and from what I can tell there aren't a ton of people following it. If you're new and would like to say "hello" and let me know you're following this, I'd love to hear from you. Also, if you would like for me to take the link to your blog off of my blog list to the right, please let me know.

Ok, that's all I had to say on that. :)

No comments: