Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December!

You know it's Christmas time because:

I got a real Christmas wreath and hung it on our wall. Made Christmas cookies. Am working on my Christmas cards (at work). My roommate bought a beautiful (fake) tree at KMart and decorated it soooo pretttty! The Christmas tree is going up in our nightclub-looking office lobby. Rockefeller tree lighting is only a day away! I went to Starbucks (I NEVER go to Starbucks) and got a peppermint frappuccino (not a fan of hot drinks). I'm begging my sisters to send me their Christmas lists. I've been listening to Handel's Messiah and it is the most amazing music I've ever heard and I have this crazy urge to hand my iPod to people around me and make them listen to it because I am convinced that they, too, will think it's beautiful. Tomorrow night is a deck-the-tree party at my friend's apt. We already got a gift basket at work! I'm about to order poinsettias for the office. I'm eating peppermint candies. Christmas trees are up on Park Avenue. People are more cheery. People are more rushed/hurried. The City is decorated. There in the back of my mind is the thought that I am only 22 days away from home. :)



No comments: