Thursday, January 29, 2009

Overheard in New York

No, no, this isn't from the website- which I occasionally check and aside from the crudeness - it cracks me up or leaves me wondering who these crazy people are in my city.

I overheard what I'm about to tell you while I was waiting for an interview. (And to keep yall updated, the job hunting is going ok and progressing but leaving me exhausted and missing my old company, old co-workers and everything that was normal and comfortable. And I've also come to realize that it's probably not cool when they ask me what I really want to do with my life, to answer that I just want to get married, have children, read to them every day, make crafts and make dinner. Yeah, let me know where I can interview for that. But that's the update.)

Back to the point.

Setting: two male co-workers in an office next door chatting.

"Dude, what I've learned from the past four months of marriage is: Happy Wife, Happy Life".

And both erupt in laughter.



And I'm sure it's probably soooo true.

4 comments:

Allison Parker said...

I'm on the phone with Brian right now and read to him what you heard those guys say. His response was, "How about equally happily spouses makes for happiness in the houses?" haha.. Though I'd pass this along to you. :)

Carrie said...

Love it!!

PamCakes said...

Bahaha...

mellamovaca said...

i tell that to brian every day. :) well, not every day, but whenever the situation calls for it. and it's true! remember when asheton told brian that at our rehearsal dinner? i thought about making it into a tshirt. i could sell millions... ;)