Monday, January 12, 2009

Time

Hi folks! Now that I lost my job, I have a lot more time on my hands. And guess what I'm going to do about it. Blog. I am going to blog and blog for hours and hours, so for those of you at work who are bored- you can have something to read. And I will feel good because I am contributing to society, in some way.

This morning I had an interview at another PE firm. Just the fact that I went on an interview is so encouraging! There was talk of a second interview, but we'll see. I know you'll be on the edge of your seats awaiting the news, blog world. So I'll let you know asap.

My friend Megan was in town this past weekend. She's a friend from middle school, when we both lived in NC. We then traveled the world together w/ her Dad cause he's a pilot and could get us free rides to, oh, say Paris where we happened to sit First Class where they happened to give us warm washcloths before we ate our shrimp cocktail before we put in our walkmans to listen to Creed. Ah, those were the days.

It was only fitting that Meg and I hit up the Met while she was here. We "grew up" in art galleries in Paris- the Louvre and even saw where Monet lived. So, at the Met, we walked along, enjoying different collections and discussing what we thought this piece meant or what that piece was trying to say. It was a great time.

I took Meg to Brother Jimmy's where we had good 'ole Southern BBQ amongst ACC memorabilia. Fitting. Especially since Duke was playing while we ate and they won. (Who is that other top 10 team who lost last night? I know, I know. Don't dish it if you can't take it.) But then yesterday we went to see Jersey Boys, which was fun. Not my fav. Broadway play, but I'm glad I've seen it. Overall, great weekend.

So, now it's the afternoon and I'm enjoying this free time. A lot of things are still up in the air about what to do next and things of that nature. But I'm feeling much better about it all. Plus I might be visiting that Ginna girl and Alpacs this weekend in DC. Holla.

Ok, that's all I've got.

2 comments:

Allison Parker said...

Are you ignoring my calls? Ginna and I are beginning to think that you are indeed. This makes us want to call you more and more. It's like a game we have: "Who's call will she answer first?" And we both win with whichever call you answer first b/c you'll immediately go on speaker for all to hear.

And are you really coming down this weekend?? It would be SO WONDERFUL if you did!

Glad the interview went well! Keep blogging. It will help me get through my crazy days with the crazy kids!

Unknown said...

How can jersey boys NOT be your favorite????? Its aaaaamazing.