Friday, October 24, 2008

Here we go, here we go

I tend to travel all at once. And for some reason it usually happens three weekends in a row (last winter, this fall). I didn't take any actual vacations this summer... but these past few weekends have been fun to get out and away from NYC. This weekend I'm headed to NH w/ friends.

As I was packing my bags, yet again... I realized that after this weekend I'll be a homebody. The next time I'll leave is for Christmas, which will be here before we know it. But til then, I'm so looking forward to leisurely weekends watching movies, going to museums and hanging out w/ friends.

Last night my roomie Katiebug and I went over to our old roomie, Mirabelle's apt (I clearly enjoy giving my closest friends nicknames) for tacos. Her boyfriend Chris wasn't home but we were greeted with the latest addition to their clan: a cute beagle puppy named Parker. Miriam & Chris are his current foster family as they went through an agency that picks up abandoned dogs in the City, gives them to foster families until they can find a permanent home for them.

Well Parker is the cutest thing ever. The poor thing is traumatized, though. On Sunday they found him tied up to a tree in Harlem and had been there for 24 hours. Aw Aw. Now Mirabelle & Chris have this adorable dog... but from what she tells me: he's a lot of work. They have to take the dog out every now and then to... you know. And then they have to pick it up. Ew. People say you get over that pretty quickly, but I think it would take me a while. Mir was so worried about him being home while she's at work, that she decided to put him into doggie day care. Yes, there is such a thing. So she called around and found a place but poor little Parker cannot be accepted until he is interviewed. Yes folks, an interview for a dog to go to doggie day care. What a yuppy UES puppy! (Mir also got him a dog tshirt that says: Bark for Barack... too cute).

I am so thankful it's the weekend. It's been the craziest week at work which is an entirely crazy & long story that I have no energy to tell. Blah. But Halloween is right around the corner as is the Election. My, my.

Well hope everyone out there has a wonderful weekend. See yall next week.

No comments: